Creatine is a carboxylic acid containing nitrogen. This substance was discovered back in 1836 as an unknown component of skeletal muscles. It appeared in the history of bodybuilding in the early 90s of the 20th century, when it was proved that daily intake of monohydrate increased energy metabolism in muscles by 20% for 5 days. The best sports supplements you can buy in the online store Fitmart. Follow the link!
What is creatine?
In skeletal muscle, creatine is responsible for energy metabolism and contractility. The body constantly contains about 150 grams of creatine, however, with increasing load, this amount becomes insufficient. Therefore, it is necessary to adjust its concentration with the help of nutrition or supplements.
True, getting it from foods is quite difficult, for example, to close the daily dose of creatine for an athlete weighing 70 kg, you need to eat 1 kilogram of red meat. And during heat treatment, it will remain even less, so it is much easier to close the deficit with the help of sports nutrition. By the way, excellent sports supplements can be ordered in the online store Fitmart. Follow the link.
What are the positive effects of creatine?
- Increase in muscle strength.
- Building “dry” muscle mass.
- Acquisition of relief and muscle density.
- Increasing the production of anabolism hormones.
- For the purpose of losing weight (by increasing the intensity of training).
- Buffer lactic acid and reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
- Strengthening the health of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
If you want to buy high-quality sports supplements, follow the link to the site Fitmart.
Types of Creatine:
- The most popular form is the monohydrate. It is included in most supplements and is really effective. With this form, you will get 88% pure substance, and the remaining 12 will be ordinary water.
- Creatine ester is one of the latest developments in sports nutrition. This form has a greater assimilation, due to the accelerated passage of cell membranes. This property allows you to directly penetrate into the cells and penetrate into the blood in an unchanged form.
- Anhydrous – characterized by an increased amount of pure substance per serving. The difference is about 6%.
- Tartrate – achieved by binding with tartaric acid. By its properties, it differs little from monohydrate, but is used in the manufacture of capsules or tablets.
- Malate is a compound with malic acid. It is highly soluble in water and has a sour taste.
The best sports supplements you can buy in the online store Fitmart.
How to take creatine?
There are 2 types of reception – loading and slow replenishment. In the first case, 20 grams per day are taken for 5 days, then the dosage is reduced to 5-10 grams. This method is most effective when increasing sports performance and during intensive training, it has the fastest effect from taking it.
When taken slowly, it is enough to take 5-10 grams per day. The amount depends on lean muscle mass, the more it is, the more you should take the supplement.
In addition to the dosage, it is worth considering the features of the assimilation of creatine. It goes well with fast carbohydrates and whey protein. Therefore, the powder is best mixed with juice, which do not contain acids. The best option is grape.
The best time to take it is 15 minutes before and after a workout. It is worth drinking it in courses of 1-1.5 months, after which they rest for 1 month.
According to numerous studies, there is practically no harm from taking creatine. Its use harms the body no more than when eating meat. One of the most common side effects (occurring in less than 4% of cases) is water retention. It is absolutely not worth taking diuretics for elimination, the water leaves on its own during a break in the reception.
It is also possible individual intolerance to creatine, accompanied by indigestion. To eliminate this side effect, simply reduce the dosage.
The best sports supplements you can buy in the online store Fitmart. Follow the link!